Quote by Henri Matisse
Reasons why creativity takes courage
- Because you expose yourself
- Because bad criticism sucks
- Because creating something is different than thinking about something. It requires action.
- Because you never know what you will come up with. Uncertainty is scary.
- Because sometimes it doesn’t seem like you’ll ever be able to come up with something. Occasionally it feels that the author’s (creative’s) block won’t go away.
- Because we tend to think that our ideas have been done better and multiple times before.
- Because inhibitions are too easy to give in to.
- Because we are our biggest judges, and takes courage to avoid the voice that says that you can’t do it because you are lacking skills.
- Because being courageous is not easy for some.
- Because real art, real creativity, defies the status quo. It takes courage to be defiant.